14 Reasons Why You Must Not Ignore Pokémon Go
“Gotta catch ’em, all!” is a phrase everyone thought had died down several years ago. Who would have thought that one app will revive such nostalgic line from the cartoon called Pokémon?
If you are seeing people from all walks of life started going out of their houses, sometimes stuck in the same place or roaming around with their faces staring at their phone, looking all excited and frantic, only one thing will definitely come to mind. They all caught the “Pokemon-Go virus!”
Pokemon-Go is the latest sensation and highly in-demand smartphone app created today. Described by Forbes, it’s a location-based augmented reality game, developed by Niantic, that lets you explore your neighborhood and beyond — using your GPS and camera — to capture hundreds of different Pokémon.
As soon as it was released, Pokémon-Go was downloaded over 7.5 million times and earned $1.6 million revenue in just a span of two days.
If you’re into stats and proof that this thing isn’t a blip on the map. Just look at the stats on adoption and usage.
Now, you must be thinking that you might be too old for the game or it doesn’t have any benefits at all. Well, think again.
Here are 14 reasons why you should start downloading Pokemon-Go, right now:
- People are seriously losing weight.
- It is one of the few things in culture today that gets people outside, and visiting new places.
- The whole family can play.
- It brings neighbors and strangers together. What else does this today to this scale?
- The face-to-face element discourages trolls vs social media.
- It brings out our incredible human capacity for determination and resourcefulness.
- Even though it’s a mobile game, it persuades kids to be more like kids.
- Parents can really learn more about their children.
- A great sibling bonder.
- Kids are willing to walk the dog, and go on errands. #Win!!
- In an adolescent world where we worry about drinking, drug use, depression and more, Pokemon GO is a return to a gentler parenting age.
- You will get to know more about your city ― and can make money if you own a business.
- It’s good old fashioned fun.
- There are some really interesting Poké Stops and Gyms…
WHAT OTHER ELEMENT OF CULTURE DO YOU KNOW DOES ALL OF THIS?
And do you know where some of these interesting Poké stops and Gyms are located?
It’s not only the malls, and police stations, but also, churches.
Surprisingly, there are a lot of Pokémons lurking around churches since they are Pokestops and what are the chances that your church would be one of them?
I’ll be blogging about the #1 way on how to use Pokemon Go to attract new visitors to your church. But in the meantime, you really should download the app and see for yourself what the craze is all about. You’ll be surprised if not at least have something relevant to talk about with strangers in your town that you meet when you are out and about. Now how bad is that?